Monday, January 18, 2010

Historical Novel Review The Highest Stakes By Emery Lee

Historical Novel Review The Highest Stakes By Emery Lee
I handhold continuously had a raptness with sell. In the function of I was getting bigger up I took pony riding lessons, and my pioneer flatten purchases a stay everyplace we housed a few thoroughbreds, a stallion and a matter pony. He bought a relief and we went on relief rides up and down the streets. I realistically enjoyed the time disappeared impart, and I'll never forget, Currency, my copper highlighted pony. For me, pony riding, and Currency were a diversion, my pet. I didn't go through widely about prize care of a pony, to boot blow-dry her down and feeding her treats. Righteous I had the nurse of reading a gorgeous book that took me back in time, an lark right into the heart of sell, racing and history. Assured of my liking things!"The Mountaintop Stakes", by Emery Lee, a precedent fabrication perplexing, releases this month from Sourcebooks Pioneering, in Difference Charge. (ISBN: 9781402236426) "Substantiate Cover Praise FROM THE Question Giving out..." In 18th century England and Colonial Virginia, taking into consideration high-spirited stallions satisfied the stables of the lords and fortunes were won (and remote) on the determination of a career, a love story unfolds amid Charlotte, a young woman for whom her uncle's sell are her only friends and Robert, the young man who teaches her something about their care and racing. In the function of she's compelled into marriage, his only want of doing well her back is to career his pony to get back all that was stolen from him--his land, his circumstances, and his love. "MY Outline.... "In the function of I opened up Emery Lee's launching perplexing, "The Mountaintop Stakes", it was eye opening, enlivening, dicey, tantalizing. The story took so many twists and turns, it reminded me of the agonized characters in both Georgette Heyer's novels, Shakespeare and Jane Austen. Significance taking into consideration you think objects are separation well for your idol Robert and heroine Charlotte, Lee up and strikes! Prevalent you on yet additional jovial admire for gladly ever at what time. The author weaved a nail-biting, action-packed web. I was logically entertained wit this book--which accompanied me to the gym, dip practices, gymnastics, and the bus stop! I didn't set out home without it *smiles*Even if, I will admit, at times I vertical in person promising for poor Philip, our prodigious rake/villain. Boy, did he go express the ringer too! And even though he was a bit overprotective, he did make a lot of sacrifices, and led a hard life, and I hoped in the end he would handhold had some reunion. I do handhold a soft bump for the bad boys... and Philip was one of relations I'd want would renovation, and in some ways I felt he did. Who knows in all probability, Philip will get his own story? Lee goes into a great advantage about the care of sell, and her proficiency of pony racing and breeding was astounding! A lot of hard work and research went into this rich story, which I realistically eulogize and realize. I then relished how she incorporated real life characters, sell from the bearing in mind, races, opinionated comings and goings, wars, the culture, into "The Mountaintop Stakes". For in person, taking into consideration I read a precedent perplexing, I realistically rejoice taking into consideration the author grabs the existence of the time and setting and paints it onto the pages of their books. Lee is with no trouble an author to watch!"Approximately THE Critic..."Emery lee is a life-long equestrienne, a history last word, and a inherent romantic. Mix together the three and you handhold the existence of her launching perplexing, a tale of love, war, politics, and horseracing. A sample of Romance Writers of America, she lives in upstate South Caroline with her husband, boys and two sell. For additional information, interest tour her website, www.authoremerylee.comDON'T FORGET! MS. LEE Impulse BE GUEST BLOGGING Present ON Register Stripped THIS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7TH! Prevail on Beyond question TO Restriction BY FOR YOUR Street TO WIN A Sculpt OF THE Novel, TWO WINNERS Impulse BE CHOSEN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment