Friday, October 8, 2010

Black Girls Night Out Granger And Kopelson

Black Girls Night Out Granger And Kopelson
Kelly McCreary as "Dr. Tyra Granger"

Let me begin by sayng I don't trust the CW. For community of you who've been reading my blogs for at lowest possible the exterior rendezvous, you inform I clutch good natter.

But behind a show has over than one seal Negress, I clutch to pay attention.

"Emily Owens, MD" is sparsely the bastard love trick of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Scrubs". It toys with the idea that in force in hospital is just like being back in high instructor.

The show focuses on the chaotic (and I do mean "chaotic") Dr. Emily Owens, plain and tall. Her unambiguousness, her awkwardness, and the amusing care of the actress make her exalted dulcet. And I intensity be agreeable to watch the show for her...except I don't trust the CW.

So let's effort with Dr. Tyra Granger, portrayed by Kelly McCreary. Granger is the lass of the Crucial of Surgeons. She's entertaining, spunky, and a lesbian (Daddy doesn't inform). If the show doesn't get invalid, I upmarket we'll get to see her dating exploits. If we do get to see her (and Kopelson) engross in flirty adventures and hot flings, furthermore I will hereby dub this show "Grey's Anatomy's Redemption".

I certain upmarket they don't substance Granger into some wearying monogamous relationship with a closely indiscernible representative a lot. That autonomously will be reason to rub adherence the show.

Aja Naomi Emperor as


"Dr. Cassandra Kopelson"

But one of the certain comical aspects of the show is our own Aja Naomi Emperor, who beautifully portrays Dr. Cassandra Kopelson, a.k.a. "The Immoral Bitch of the West Run off."

Heftily.

Kopelson is Owens's archnemesis from high instructor (incurably). She's well-run, charming, professional, and nefarious as hell. I don't like the Black girl being the bitch, the same as I think it's been elegant way too extreme (and very unfortunately), and the same as American society insists all Black women are displeased bitches with attitude problems.

But Kopelson is a step up from history Black bitches on the CW. She's not displeased, and she's not bitchy for no natter. In view of the fact that Owens envied Kopelson in high instructor for being the scenic, popular girl, Kopelson envied the fact Owens was a nerd. While a Black Schoolgirl Nerd in my opinion, I wish the writers could've come up with everything also, but hey...nerds rule and I shady that's what's large.

Being do y'all think?

"(h/t Lori Smith)"


0 comments:

Post a Comment