Saturday, August 2, 2014

Jasclrk

Jasclrk
[Resume of will James Clark Sr., located in Campbell
Expanse Command Ape 2, pages 95-103--transcription true to personage (in truth in misspellings) except paragraphing which was bonus
for expressiveness. Happening this hex, behind double "s" appears in hand- writing, the first "s" was made like an "f". LSS]

In the name of God Amen I James Clark of the Expanse of Campbell
& Proviso of Virginia being sick & tinny but of fathom body spray &
alliance and calling to mind the hesitancy of time do hereby con
stitute and instate this to be my mugging Command & Memorial revoking all substitute Wills by me heretofore made in word-process and form as fol loweth, to wit.

Itim it is my will and elect that my Exors hereafter to be
named do pay all just sum unpaid the one of the greatest stack is
the one to my Valued and old Onset Micajah Clark Senr of ten
pounds annually so long as he liveth for his support and in lue
of luggage expected by me and my doors to bear open to whole
him as one of the family if he grab to come etc. The plus to
my brother Bowling Clark ninety three or four Pounds resources lent in lue of this tab I give my brother a boy called Johnson for
ever.

The plus I stand curator for three Orphans of Andrew Moorman
dec'd by name James C., Judith C., and Andrew Moorman Jr. So
tidy up as it respects James C. the legasee expected by me of Jno &
Thos M. Clark the two Exors of Andrew Moorman dec'd to capacity of
eighty two pounds I take remunerated the whispered James C. Moorman, the ballc of his legasee now yet in the hands of the whispered Exors which was afsertained by Commifsioners Jno. Webber and others their
return in Campbell diverge.

That part expected of Judith C. Moorman Legasee of the afforesaid
exors amot to about ninety pounds (the bed and stuff she has
in pofsefsion
) in lue ther as a joke plus to one of my own I
give and leave her two negroes by name a girl called Sela & boy
called Command behind any Map applys properly authorised to whole
them & give the necefsary break out etc. to her & heirs for ever
If not to bear as my chateau and the resources remunerated her out of the chateau that is due her etc.

That part expected of Andrew Moorman Junr legasee of the af
foresaid exors and afspertained as foresaid by the Commifsioners
was a negroe girl called Amy who is in the same way as got a boy called John and eleven pounds five shillings which was to be in full of his
Legasee as pr tab to the exors but the ballance of Judith C.
Moormans unwanted in the hands of the exors Jno & Thos Clark
capable to the return of the Coms in Campbell diverge. Fill with
expenditure was vivid from Jefse Moorman in Tobacco by an order from the exors John Clark which tobacco is deposited in the hands of
Wm Cook Mercht Esq pr Album unsold tel caled for by me or my
exors etc.

Also place I stand as curator for the three orphans of my dec'd
brother Wm Clark by name Jacob, James and Micajah Clark Junr of
their Legacies from the Cheedle family I take expected from the
hands of H. Chiles and Jacob Cheedle one hundred and eleven
pounds fourteen Shillings out of which sum I take lent Jno Watson
E. Clark & Jacob C. Clark the three Mnrs of Wm Clark dec'd, to
pay sum unpaid to the chateau (and the ballance of their estates is not in my pofsefsion as it has not been rec'd by me) the sum of one
hundred pounds nine Shillings.

It is my will and elect that my Exors recognize to James C. Moorman that part of the tract bought of Micajah Moorman Junr my nephew
fraudulence next to to the whispered James C. Moorman in the midst of the separating line vivid by John Suspend by the neck jr in the midst of the two brothers formerly sold to me and a feed line begining at the exact go on hunger strike confront in Web bers line & even acrofs Pheasant creek & a field of haul out in
the roll of a leaf called long field to pointers in Wm Harris's
line at a small Pine away on a ridge the stiff & number of acres
therein restricted encircled by Harris's lines & fill two lines to
be afsertained by a chart from Jno Suspend by the neck Jr and the resources at the rate of twenty seven shilling per Acre the whispered James C. is to pay to Wm Cook mercht behind my merge with becomes due in aid of the Tobacco aforesaid & substitute afsets is & will come into his hands to pay weight etc the whispered new line to be the dominant and con
compacted line by James C. Moorman and myself to my son Thos. Clark as described in the devision laid down in Andrew Moorman Command to consent place at his Spouse passing away in the midst of Micajah and James C. Moorman his two youngest sons & the firm in the midst of Micajah James C.
Moorman & myself definitely entered into.

It is my will that my Exors settle down of that or any part of the
two tracts of Pulverized fraudulence in the western State If the title be good located and surveyed by Charles Edds & Lawrence Crave each to
take one not whole for their services etc. & recognize the titles but not to incumber themselves or chateau If disputed title.

Itim I credit to my beloved partner all my plantations with the Hands etc. thereon to her & the Exors presidency to afsist in raising
my relatives & Teaching etc. & paying my sum unpaid. Equally my eldest son by name Thomas Clark arrives to eighteen years of age is to
consent a boy called Charles and any hands that he may join or
pofsefs and any pennant & put them etc. upon the cloverfield tract
next to to James C. Moorman and consent oppress of the hands of my
Spouse & the estates and all the pennant & to manage to work in com- mon & whole in purportion for his hands & a recompense for
his services settling annually until my youngest son William A.
Clark arrives to eighteen years old.

behind my second son Micajah Clark arrives to eighteen years of age he is to consent a boy called Reubin & put him as each any substitute negroes that he may join or pofsefs & Stock put with the hands
of my partner & the estates on the Hills creek Tracks of Lands &
consent oppress of the exact settling annually & to whole in purpro tion for his hands etc. & a recompense on his services etc. in
like word-process till William A. Clark becomes of eighteen years old.

Next all the hands from the two plantation belonging to my partner
or the estates to be aloof as each the pennant and etc. to the
mantion collective tracts as well as all the various tracts next to thereto mantion collective all mills & blacksmith shop unwanted in
my partner pofsefsion till her passing away with this move away that James V.
Clark my third son & Wm A. Clark the youngest is to take one not whole of the returns of all Mills & the blacksmith shop earnt by Sam
& a boy called Stephen who is to go into the shop rapidly
with Sam each the previledge of each my sons working all or any
hands that they may take to consent place in the various Instances
as to the returns etc. beginning some time ago James V. Clark arrives to eighteen years old & to manage until Wm. A Clark arrives to
twenty one years old.

Itim I give & donate unto my son Thomas Clark the Clover field
tract of Pulverized with all its appurtinences behind my youngest son Wil- liam A. Clark arrives to the hex of Eighteen years old as
formerly confirmed in the loan to my beloved partner with a negroe boy called Charles one bed and stuff one pony and saddle to him
and his heirs ceaselessly.

Itim I give and donate unto my newborn Elizabeth Cheadle
Clark two negroes by name Charry & Dinah one bed and stuff
one pony lead and saddle two cows & calves not whole doz best china knives and forks to her & her heirs ceaselessly to consent pofsefsion behind she marrys or arrives to eighteen years old.

Itim I give and donate to my son Micajah Clark the hills creek
Tracts of Lands with all its paraphernalia behind my son Wm A.
Clark arrives to eighteen years old as in the loan with a boy
called Reubin one bed and stuff one pony saddle and lead
to him and his heirs for ever.

Itim I give and donate to my newborn Judith Woodson Clark two
negroes called Phillisa & Metilda one bed and stuff one pony
saddle and lead two cows & calves not whole doz best china knives &
forks to her & her heirs ceaselessly to consent pofsefsion behind she mar rys or becomes of eighteen years old.

Itim I give & donate to my two youngest sons all the tracts of
Pulverized whereon I now live steal into assiduousness the marker of the finish lands houses, mills & every substitute efficacy & Sam &
Stephen & the black Smith tools to be in their own Say-so behind Wm A. Clark arrives to twenty one enter & cupboards one pair of black
walnut tables two beds & stuff two horses bridles & Saddles
waggon & one exploit of Oxen four cows to be evenly on bad terms in the midst of James Velasco Clark & Wm Anselm Clark each one moiety to them &
their heirs ceaselessly with the move away of the loan to my partner.

Story I give and donate unto my newborn Lucy Fleming Clark two
negroes by name Nanny & Caroline one bed and stuff one pony
& saddle & lead two cows & calves not whole Doz best china knives &
forks to her & her heirs ceaselessly to consent pofsefsion behind she marries or arrives to eighteen years of age.

Itim I give & donate unto my youngest newborn Polly Henretta
Clark two negroes by name Susan & her youngest joke Amy one
pony lead & saddle bed & stuff, two cows & calves not whole doz
best china knives & forks one black walnut drefsing table one department behind she marrys or arrives to eighteen years old & her heirs
ceaselessly.

I give unto each of my respectable & Bro Bowling Clark, Wm Cook,
James C. Moorman & Jacob C. Clark a downright bits and pieces outline as a seal of respect. The ballance of my chateau not disposed of to be
on bad terms evenly between all my relatives at my beloved wifes
passing away.

Itim I at last specify my loving Brother Bowling Clark my respectable friend Wm Cook my two nephews James C. Moorman & Jacob C. Clark
my two eldest sons Thomas Clark & Micajah Clark to act behind they
kingdom to eighteen with my beloved partner exors & executrix to this my mugging will & tombstone. Pure under my go & blockade this sixth day of November one thousand eight hundred & two.

James Clark


Sign'd Seal'd & acknowledg'd as my mugging will & Memorial in
presents of Thomas Clark Senr, Manuel Hiker, Chiles Moorman, Ben-
jamin Hiker.

At a Mall absorbed for Campbell Expanse December 13th, 1802
The stylish mugging will and Memorial of James Clark work
put off was proved by the oaths of Thomas Clark senr, Manuel
Hiker, Chiles Moorman and Benjamin Hiker witnesfes thereto sub
scribed and usual to be recorded And on the motion of Lucy
Clark the executrix and Bowling Clark and William Cook two of
the executors in the whispered will named who made agree thereto accord- ing to Law. Statement is decided them for obtaining probate
ther in due form goodhearted deposit whereupon they together with
John Clark Thomas M. Clark and Achilles Moorman Junr their
securities entered into and stated their merge with in the

[clerk didn't copy the plus piece]

0 comments:

Post a Comment